Day Four

When did becoming a follower of Christ become a popularity contest?

I'm sick of it. I feel like the dorky band kid who spends their life immersed in what they love but gets teased for it relentlessly. I can't help but ask is it worth it?

Is it worth it to immerse myself in loving you and following your teachings, rather than buy into the brand of Christianity being sold today?

I remember being in high school and my mom telling me that the popular kids make fun of other kids to make themselves feel better. That they are just as insecure and hurting as the rest of us, if not more so because they lack experiencing authentic relationships. Instead of doing the hard work of healing and serving, they choose to make life a popularity contest.

Help me remember the other piece of advice my mother gave me: Just because it's on sale, doesn't mean you need it.



.

Comments

Popular Posts