Day Fourty and Eight

I feel like our conversations get a little one sided sometimes. Pouring my heart out through words, in type, spoken aloud, thoughts racing through my head. I sit and wait for your reply. If I listen best to words, why won't you speak? Why can't you bend to my expectations and speak your heart in a way I can understand. Why must the challenge be mine to push forward with. I vaguely sense your response in the broken bread and the empty pews. God, why does it have to be so complicated in my mind and simple in yours?

Comments

  1. The words come, now and again, but it tends to be a a little frightening when they do.

    It's so hard to hear deep peace and stillness when our minds roar with words and preconceptions. It is our expectations that must yield if we are to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts